Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Please Pray

Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter was accidentally killed in their driveway today by her older brother. Click to read the full story.

Here is another link all about sweet Maria.



I have been so sad about this tragic loss. Steven Curtis Chapman's music was played in our home from the time he began his career. (When I was about 8 he came to our church in Louisville, KY and no one had ever heard of him.) I've seen him in concert 5 or 6 times. His songs always touch me.

I feel their loss, also, because Matt and I want to adopt from China in the next few years. The Chapmans founded a wonderful organization called Shaohanna's Hope that helps "prospective adoptive parents overcome the financial barriers associated with adoption." They have a HUGE heart for orphans and adopted three of their own from China. One of them being Maria.

Remember them today and the coming days in your prayers. I can't even begin to imagine how their oldest son feels. It breaks my heart.

1 comment:

The Walker's said...

How sad for this family, and as you said how terrible the older brother has to feel. One thing about it, they gave that little girl a lot of love and a wonderful christian home here on earth, one she may have never had the chance to experience had they not adopted the precious child. Of course I will pray for this family and their broken hearts.