Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Whew! What a week!

This week has been stressful to say the least. First of all, the time change has messed our schedule up big time! Bryan wants to go to bed at 7:00 and wake up at 6AM! That is way too early, people! The sun isn't even up yet.

Last Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat which lasted several days. Now the sore throat has turned into a cold. Bryan started having a runny nose Friday night and by Sunday he couldn't breathe. (poor guy!) I called his pediatrician Monday morning to get a prescription cold medicine since they've taken all the infant ones off the shelves. Well, the medicine they called in is making him fussy, but the worst part is that he REFUSES to go to sleep in his bed! Monday he did not nap AT ALL! That says a lot considering he usually naps twice a day. Yesterday he took a morning nap and fussed off and on from 10:00 until 7:30pm! Today I have finally gotten him down for his second nap, but not without a fight. I hate to leave him in there crying because he already has enough snot, but I've been losing my sanity and need some downtime!!! What I need is to get out! Thank goodness my sister-in-love is rescuing me tomorrow night. She is coming to town and has 2 tickets for us to go see PAULA DEEN!! I am SUPER excited! Of course I'll have pictures to post and hopefully get an autograph in one of my 4 cookbooks!! :)

On a whole other note, my sister's very good friend, Joni, got married Saturday. The wedding was beautiful and totally Christ centered. She and Chip are honeymooning in Hawaii right now. (Wouldn't that be wonderful?!?!) Here's a picture of ML and the beautiful bride.

More about the wedding to come!


Aunt Sherry said...

Bless you for the hard week you've had, thank goodness for friends and family during those times, enjoy your evening out, and I hope you and Little Man feel much better.

Trish said...

I'm sorry you guys have had a hard week. I tell you I don't look forward to colds and runny noses. The time change here has changed her schedule too! She goes down around 9 now and we were working on 8 and is waking up around 5:30 as well instead of 7. She goes back down after that feeding and can make it until 8 or so. Of course we are still working on night sleep but as you can tell she is doing pretty good. Oh my gosh tell me all about Paula Deen. That should be fun!

Joni said...

aww, jamie, that's an awesome picture! you have to send it to me.:) it was so great to see y'all there - it was a perfect night and chip and i are having SO MUCH FUN being married - he's such a blessing! love you!