Thursday, October 02, 2008

7 Random Things

Amy Lynn tagged me for this little meme. I think it's hard to think of 7 things about myself, but I'll give it a shot! :)


1. I've lived in 6 states and countless cities :) It's hard to pick my favorite place where I lived because there are great things about them all. I have very fond memories from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

2. I love Halloween. I know there are many evil things behind the holiday, but I just don't view it that way. I love dressing up, passing out candy, decorating, fall festivals, the weather, etc.

3. I repeated 8th grade twice. All of that was a big blur, so I can't remember exactly the reasons behind it, but it was not easy. My birthday is late August and that had some effect. My first 8th grade year was in Tulsa, and the second was in Signal Mountain, TN. It was a VERY difficult move from OK to TN so to say that my second 8th grade year was hard is an understatement. I was missing my friends bad! I made one great friend that year who is still in my life today. (allison!)

4. I don't like mushy apples. So yes, that means I don't like apple pie. Weirdo, I know.

5. I don't like cold cheese. For that matter, I don't like cold sandwiches except for PB&J.

6. I was named after my mom's baby dolls. She used to name them all Jamie. When mom and dad went to the hospital for me to be born they still hadn't settled on a name. Mom told Dad she used to name her dolls Jamie and he liked it. It just so happens that my mom's dad was James and my dad's dad is Ray (Dad's middle name is Ray too). So I'm Jamie Rae.

7. I wish I could redo my whole style. I would totally decorate my house vintage and dress vintage. I have a tendency to lean towards hippie in my clothing (especially in middle and high school) but now I just love all things vintage. I would have loved to live in the 50's.

Ok, so there are somethings you might or might not have known about me! I won't tag anyone, but if you decide to do it, leave me a comment so I can see 7 things about you!

3 comments:

Trish P. said...

I did it so you should read my blog. It was kinda fun thinking about.

Anonymous said...

Jamie Rae,
We love you just the way you are! By the way, I have some pics for you. I found a cardboard container of pics of you in Allison's wedding! There were mixed with all the pics at Paw's house. I'll keep them til I see ya next time.
GAB

Amy Lynn said...

2) I love Halloween too! I cant wait until the year where I find that "perfect" family costume so we can all dress up together!
6) Too funny! That is a neat story though!