Saturday, July 28, 2007

Not for those who are arachnophobic!!!!

Have you ever seen such a thing in your life?! I had NEVER EVER seen this or thought this is what happened with baby spiders. You know my very bad day Thursday?! Well, this nasty creature ended the day with a bang!

Mom and I were sitting in the living room talking and watching tv when she spotted a tiny bug on her arm. She thought it was a baby spider, but wasn't totally sure. We thought nothing about it and I went to the back for something. When I came back mom said, "Jamie...look at that right there. Do you think it's dead?" Of course I didn't think it was dead because it wasn't there just a few minutes before. It was an odd looking spider. Not real big but kinda furry looking. It was almost bed time so we didn't have a lot of lights on in the house. I grabbed mom's shoe and smashed it. I don't have a problem killing spiders, usually. This was not your normal spider, however. When I made contact with the shoe it killed the big spider, yes. BUT NOT THE HUNDREDS OF BABIES! I kid you not! As soon as I smashed the bug babies went EVERYWHERE! So, as fast as I could I took the shoe and hit them. Mom is in the kitchen at this point (no where near the spiders! ha!) looking for windex or something to spray on them to kill them. She found carpet cleaner...non-toxic carpet cleaner to be exact...and I drowned them.

Who knew spiders carried hundreds of babies on their backs?! Not me! Not my mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!! I thought they were like on Charlotte's web! Never saw that before, hope I never do.

Anonymous said...

That is so freaky! I have had that experience before. Luckily the spider family I killed was outside!

Herry said...

That's creepy!! But nice shot. :)

Kimberly said...

Bless your heart! What a day you had that day! I'm glad your mom was around to help you out. I know for me, that sometimes makes things easier.:)