Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Get this book!


Same Kind of Different as Me written by Ron Hall and Denver Moore is awesome! It is a true story written in first person. Ron and Denver are not authors, so it probably won't be the best written book you've ever read, BUT it is a story with Jesus all over it! I believe these two men, and the gutsy woman, are walking testimonies of the power of Christ living in us when we humble ourselves and are obedient to Him. I had no idea what the book was going to be about and I think that made it more exciting for me. That's why I'm not going to tell you anything else! :)

So, go now! Find the book! Or maybe ask for it for Christmas! After you read it, or if you have already, please leave us a comment about what you thought!

**Note**I'm sure you can find it at the library. If you go to Books-a-Million it's in the inspirational section and not the Christian section. (kinda sad, really!) Lifeway does not carry this book. (even sadder!) I ordered mine from Amazon for quite a bit cheaper than the stores have it for. Right now the book is only available in hardback, but it is soon to be out in paperback. There is also a movie in the works. I have 1 copy if you want to wait in line to borrow it. :) Just let me know! You may want to add this one to your personal library though! ****

3 comments:

The Carter's said...

That sounds like a great book! I will have to check it out!

Unknown said...

Love the pics of Bryan's face!
He seems like such fun! I have a feeling he will be spoiled for Christmas by his mama! Also thanks for keeping Evie and I in your prayers.

Unknown said...

Bryan looks adorable.
My boys are so funny!
I'm sure he is gonna be spoiled by his mama for Christmas.
Thank you for praying for Evie and I as well.