Friday, March 27, 2009

Too Fast!


Bryan is growing up too fast. I'm sure all of you moms think the same about your children. Even if they are on the road to 30...... :)

Yesterday I put some big boy underwear on Bryan and he didn't want to take them off. So I had him go pee pee every hour or so. He did great with that and even told me one time when he needed to go. The only potty training supplies I had were underwear, so today I went and got him a seat that attaches to the potty, more underwear, and some disposable sheets that you put on top of a public toilet. He's worn his underwear all day both days, except naptime and bedtime, and hasn't had an accident yet. We've been to Target, out to eat, and Bass Pro Shop today without any problem. He used the potty at Bass Pro like a big boy. He loves to tell you all about his "big boy underwear" too. So funny!

I have waited to potty train him because I wanted him to be past ready. I really don't want to drag it out for a long time and if he keeps going like he has these past two days, my prayers have been answered. :) I guess the next thing is learning to poo poo in the potty. Only problem with that, right now, is that he goes first thing in the morning as soon as he wakes up. We'll cross that bridge later. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poop part is usually the hardest for some reason. I remember Ross's expression when he finally did poop in the toilet the first time. It was almost a look of fear, kinda like "What just happened--oh no!" haha He thought he was passing gas and passed something else! hahahaha(please don't tell him I blogged this! He is almost 21 years old) haha
YEAH FOR BRYAN!!
GAB

jamie b said...

I won't tell him, but I like hearing those kinds of stories. Especially encouraging for moms who have kids that won't poo poo in the potty.

21...that's CRAZY!!!

Amy Lynn said...

Wow!!! Way to go Bryan!! I cant believe how fast he is growing up!!

That is smart of you to wait to potty train. I have heard that if you do it before they are ready it could really set them back. Zachariah has gone pee in the potty once, but that was just by chance. We are definitely not going to try and potty train him for a while. He has too much of a rebellious attitude going on right now. lol

Kimberly said...

LOL, these are the things that Bryan is going to love that you blogged about when he's 17 and dating!:) I'm glad to hear the good news that all has gone well!

The Walker's said...

Way to go Big Boy B!

Trish P. said...

That is awesome and I do agree they grow way too fast. Aubrey has started recognizing what she is doing in her diaper, I think step #1. Except that her Aunt decided to teach her the word Doo Doo, I wasn't thrilled about that.