Thursday, August 16, 2007

2 hours...

In 2 hours our little boy will be one year old! I can't believe it! On this night last year I was getting ready for bed knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep much because I was so excited, nervous, and anxious for the next morning to arrive! (It also didn't help that we had to get up at 4:30am!) Like every new parent, we had no idea what to expect with labor and delivery. Then we had no idea how one little person could turn our worlds upside down...in a marvelous way! :) There is nothing in this world that I would trade for the 2-3 hour periods of sleep before waking or the poopy messes or spit up all over his shirt and mine.

Now we are on to bigger and better things like training and discipline...including spankings (yikes) and breaking his heart when we take him away from things he REALLY wants but can't get in to...like the dog food! :) But I am looking forward to it all because I know that these times are precious and fleeting. If one year goes as quickly as this one has then he'll be starting school soon. I'm going to hold on to him every second he will let me, and kiss him as much as possible because I know there will be a day that I will not be allowed!

Bryan, your name means Noble, Strong, Virtuous. Joel means "the Lord is God." I pray that you will grow into the meaning of your name and always remember that the Lord is God and there is no other! We dedicated you to the Lord even before you were born, but participated in our church service dedication when you were 3 months old. These are the scriptures that were chosen by God (and us) for you. This is our prayer:

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:5-9


I love you, little man, and pray daily for you to come to know Jesus as your Savior at an early age and live your life sold out to Him! This truly is the only important decision you will ever make!

Can't wait for this next year!
Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jamie, that is just the sweetest thing I've ever read, you actually brought tears to my eyes. Goodness what a precious person you are. Love You!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYAN JOEL !!!!!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! HAVE FUN AT YOUR PARTY!!!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU TODAY AND ON PARTY DAY !!!!!

GAB

Anonymous said...

Okay...I am not a cryer, but that did it! That is so sweet. I love the pice of you a Brian sleeping!
Love, Kelley

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Bryan! I am right there with you, Jamie! It is just a miracle the little bundle that the Lord gives us, and then they just steal our hearts! I have a feeling our boys would enjoy each other's company! We will have to say hey next time we are in ALbany!